Monday, December 29, 2008

It's Getting Closer To the Present!

Well, it's hard to believe another week has already gone by and Integrative Project (IP) is over (you don't have to imagine new squiggly lines--they are continued from last post--in case I forget though, plan to imagine squiggly lines at the end of this post to bring you back to the present again). Basically, IP is a 6-day intensive business simulation designed to force us to implement everything we have learned in our various classes in the first semester. The faculty makes us work from about 8am to 9pm every single day to simulate a real, stress-filled business environment. It began the day after finals mainly because they're sadistic.

The short story is that my team and I worked very hard, designed and stuck to a clear vision, executed as well as could possibly be expected and came in third out of five due to the unrealistic nature of the simulations and factors that were impossible to predict. Or maybe that's just sour grapes. We were graded on the simulation as well as two presentations, both of which were very strong, if I do say so myself and ended up with an A minus. I would complain a little more, but that would probably be unfair to those students who worked just as hard and ended up with a B. On the upside, we had the opportunity to present to a bunch of real live recruiters, so I had a chance to demonstration my skillicity as a presentator and the interesting word usements I structure. I'm sure they are all just waiting for the winter break to end before calling me with a job running their companies. I'm not technically holding my breath, but I am saving some of my CO2 in a jar, which is essentially the same thing.

So now the semester is officially over and I am breathing a big fat sigh of relief. Only 12 more shopping days until Christmas!! (cue the squiggly lines)

No comments: