Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Hereby Christen My Blog

Hello bloggees! I am officially entering the 21st century by starting a blog, particularly to discuss the next big phase in my life and that of my family. For those who are not aware, I recently left my job at Washington Mutual to pursue an MBA at Texas Christian University. Because of this change, I will be out of direct contact with a lot of former co-workers, making new friends and contacts and hoping to re-establish contact with a lot of people that I haven't spoken to in some time. I decided that the best way to keep all of you wonderful folks updated on the events of my life and my progress in school is to start a blog. That way, if you are interested, you can check out my updates, which I hope will be frequent, and if you're not interested, you don't have to feel obliged to answer emails, etc. Of course, you are all more than welcome to make comments, and I look forward to hearing from you.

So, I just finished the START workshop to orient me to life as an MBA candidate. It was very informative and busy, but it's over and it has helped me get a better understanding of what the next 2 years will be like. The event culminated in a formal team presentation of a business proposal to a (mock) venture capital firm--actually second-year students who evaluated our presentation. In the final coaching session the day before the presentation, I performed my portion so abysmally badly that I began to wonder if I was in the right place. But with lots of practice, I was able to complete my part effectively and received some very nice feedback. So far so good.

There are all kinds of things to look forward to, including potential trips to Chicago and Germany, an internship next summer and plenty more opportunities to fail at a presentation! I will keep the updates coming as these and other potential plans materialize.

7 comments:

Murph said...

Congrats. I'll add you to my blogroll!

Ed said...

Thanks! BTW, if you have any tips on landing an internship, I would love to hear them! We are eventually hoping to get back to Tulsa.

Kiki said...

Hey Ed. I would give you a link to my blog but it's more of a dusty monument at this point.

Hope your first few weeks are going well.

Kiki said...

Oh, Kiki = Robert E. BTW.

Chuck said...

Congratulations Ed! We will miss you over here at WAMU. Not sure what to do with out all your help with everything that you did for us. My entire team will miss the stuffing out of you. Send Jelly bellies!!

We could not be more happy for you in your up and coming adventure in life. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family.

Thanks for being there for me


Chuck

Ed said...

Thanks Chuck! I miss you guys too!

Jules said...

From my cell I checked my email in church (which I rarely do) and checked out your blog. I had a comment all written out saying "I hereby christen your comments" but it wouldn't let me submit it from my phone. When we got home I set keys on counter and ran straight to computer only to find a "murph" posted first. :(